The New Leaders Council in San Diego.

Training the next generation of political entrepreneurs.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Meet the 2010 NLC Fellows: Aaron Frieberg


Aaron Frieberg
Associate, Latham & Watkins

I have been intermittently involved in San Diego politics for about eight years. This includes working on the mayoral campaign for Donna Frye, Howard Wayne’s campaign for Assembly in 2001, and more recently the recall campaign in Oceanside this winter. Much of this work was in affiliation with UNITE/HERE, a hotel employees union, and I look forward to continued partnership with them.

The last three years I have pursued a law degree at UCLA. In October of 2010, I will take a position as an associate attorney at Latham & Watkins’ downtown San Diego office. At Latham, I will likely work in the firm’s project finance practice group - we represent creditors that make loans to developers building large energy projects (wind energy farms, power plants, etc). In the meantime, I will be working with local city council campaigns. I also hope to become more involved in advocating for the development and financing of more mass transit in the San Diego region.

--

Note: This post is part of an ongoing series introducing San Diego's inaugural fellowship class.

No comments:

Post a Comment